The right tools for data collection
UNIQUE helps you find the right tool for data collection. We offer customized Apps, SMS-based solutions, drones or a combination of these to establish a solid data base.
Our experience in digital technologies combined with our field expertise helps you to reduce costs, save time and achieve harmonized data sets. We specialize in smallholder surveys, forest inventories and land use management systems. Working in remote areas is no obstacle for us. Most tools can collect data offline.
Smartphones are increasingly shaping everyday life. APPs are an easy way to exchange data with the client, farmer, extension agent, or forest owner.
- Authorization system
- Customized data collection modules
- GPS Mapping and use of external GPS devices
- Inclusive data analysis
- Offline functionality
- Data Verification
- Upload of vector files
- Bidirectional communication with the server
Many farmers in remote areas use short message services (SMS). Get to know the advantages of this technical solution.
- Simple two-way data exchange system
- Reception of price and weather forecasts
- Report of yields and other farm records
Monitoring with drones
Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones are a versatile new tool to support digitization in land use. We use drones for plantation monitoring, forest owner surveys, inventories and audits. The imagery received from UAVs can becombined with our analytical tools and Web-Dashboard.
- High resolution, high frequency monitoring
- Creation of 3d point clouds and a surface model
- Monitoring of survival rates in plantations
- Height estimation of trees and forest stands
- Quick damage assessment